How to turn an iPod into a Push-button control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot space available of up to forty gigabytes that it can accumulate to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically developed Click Wheel where you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be used up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also developed in such a method that you would have the capability to establish your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on supplying more power to the user in terms of personalization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to look, either in terms of software or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are offered on the Internet sites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some people utilize iPod hacks since they appear to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Latest technology capabilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a normal Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD gamer, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can utilize a Pocket PC to perhaps take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal remote control.
The following are required prior to beginning this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Total remote software and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through changing your iPod into a push-button control utilizing iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is meant to extend the range of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Record the infrared signal by utilizing a sound-editing program that can customize noises and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you want to manage.
You can observe if you have actually recorded the sound efficiently if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would seem like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR gadget would not work properly if you missed this essential step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a brand-new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic equipment.
This fundamental example of iPod hacks is obviously very easy to comprehend. Softwares are already offered that users can utilize to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with concerns to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless dealt with by an expert service technician, the Apple iPod could malfunction if the modification is not best.