How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are some of the features of the Apple iPod that makes it so appealing to music fans and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has so much space readily available of as much as forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand songs.
2. The Apple iPod likewise features the ergonomically created Click Wheel wherein you can do quick forward, play, reverse, pause and access the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be utilized up to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was likewise developed in such a way that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it likewise has a shuffle function to present randomness during playing.
Through the years, nevertheless, the Apple iPod has actually been customized by techies by utilizing iPod hacks, bent on offering more power to the user in regards to customization and personalization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in regards to appearance, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmware that provides iPod hacks, are available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that is capable of changing the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are already content with their iPod sampling playing music, nevertheless, some individuals use iPod hacks due to the fact that they seem to desire more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Newest innovation abilities have supplied a user power to modify his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even transform a typical Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be used to manage any home electronic devices in your home. It can control your TV, DVD gamer, Library, even a robot. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Merely cut, you can use a Pocket PC to possibly record the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start changing your TELEVISION channels. You now have a new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example project of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Personal Computer with a sound recording software installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. An overall remote software application and IR gadget
The following procedure guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most important element in this iPod hacks task is the noise or wave to infrared converter.
First, set up the total remote software on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to include customer IR abilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can customize sounds and eliminate channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic equipment that you wish to control.
You can observe if you have actually taped the sound effectively if you’ll hear weird beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Using the SoundForge, you can really view the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then silence it. The process through the IR gadget would not operate correctly if you missed this essential action.
3. Convert the signals into sound files (in fact conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and add the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can evaluate the brand-new universal remote. Use the Apple iPod to play the sounds through the converter for remote managing any home electronic equipment.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are currently readily available that users can use to modify their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, however, very risky with regard to its results on your iPod gadget. Unless managed by a professional service technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not right.