How to turn an iPod into a Remote Control
The Apple Ipod
Users of the Apple iPod might not get enough of the music experience. These are a few of the functions of the Apple iPod that makes it so attractive to music enthusiasts and techies:
1. The Apple iPod has a lot area offered of approximately forty gigabytes that it can store up to about 5 thousand tunes.
2. The Apple iPod also includes the ergonomically created Click Wheel in which you can do fast forward, play, reverse, time out and gain access to the menu with ease.
4. The Apple iPod can be consumed to 12 hours non-stop due to its long-life battery.
5. The Apple iPod was also created in such a method that you would have the capability to set up your own play list and it also has a shuffle function to present randomness throughout playing.
Through the years, however, the Apple iPod has actually been modified by techies by using iPod hacks, set on supplying more power to the user in regards to customization and customization of their Apple iPod.
Strictly speaking, iPod hacks are anything that offers changes to your iPod in terms of look, either in regards to software application or hardware. Various firmwares that offers iPod hacks, are readily available on the Internet websites like the iPodWizard that can alter the graphic and text of the Apple iPod.
Some users of the Apple iPod are currently content with their iPod sampling playing music, however, some people use iPod hacks since they appear to want more.
Turning an iPod into a Universal Remote
Most current innovation abilities have provided a user power to customize his Apple iPod. These iPod hacks can even change a regular Apple iPod into a universal remote.
The Apple ipod can be utilized to control any home electronic devices in your house. It can manage your television, DVD player, Library, even a robotic. This is the power of iPod hacks.
Basically, you can utilize a Pocket PC to possibly take the waves an infrared remote produces. Transfer these waves to your iPod and start altering your TV channels. You now have a brand-new universal push-button control.
The following are needed before starting this example job of iPod hacks:
1. An Apple iPod
2. A Mac or Computer with a sound recording software application installed.
3. A Pocket PC might be a Pocket PC 2002 or 2003.
4. Overall remote software and IR device
The following treatment guides you through altering your iPod into a remote control using iPod hacks:
1. The most essential aspect in this iPod hacks task is the sound or wave to infrared converter.
Initially, install the overall remote software application on the MAC or PC. This software application is indicated to extend the variety of the Pocket PC to consist of customer IR capabilities.
2. Tape-record the infrared signal by using a sound-editing program that can modify sounds and remove channels. An example of such a sound-editing program is the SoundForge.
Input the infrared signals from your remotes to the PC by utilizing the software application. Input all infrared signals of the house electronic devices that you wish to manage.
You can observe if you have recorded the sound effectively if you’ll hear unusual beeps or pulses. This is generally what an infrared signal would sound like. Utilizing the SoundForge, you can really see the pulses and signals on a graphic representation of the wave.
Do not forget to increase the right channel. Then mute it. The process through the IR device would not work appropriately if you missed this important step.
3. Transform the signals into sound files (really conserved as WAV files).
4. On the Apple iPod, make a new playlist and include the WAV files to the playlist.
5. Now, you can check the new universal remote. Utilize the Apple iPod to play the noises through the converter for remote controlling any house electronic devices.
This basic example of iPod hacks is certainly really easy to comprehend. Software applications are already readily available that users can use to customize their Apple iPods.
iPod hacks are still, nevertheless, really dangerous with regard to its impacts on your iPod device. Unless handled by an expert technician, the Apple iPod might malfunction if the modification is not best.